The purpose of the role is to effectively lead and manage the operation, by ensuring the maximum throughput of the correct product at the correct quality whilst leading the team and making sure that they have the correct skills and understand the correct procedures for production.
The Operations Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all food safety procedures and health and safety procedures are followed in full and to oversee hygiene, engineering and that PPMs are carried out.
The main responsibilities of the role
- Ensure that production is planned correctly based on customer requirements and forecasts
- Liaise with HR to ensure that all shifts are adequately staffed and ensure that the right number of skilled operatives are trained across all shifts
- Ensure all production meets the agreed specification for the customer, seeking advice from Technical department where necessary. This includes controlling product weight and controlling prover, baking and temperature times.
- Ensure that all production KPIs are met.
- To carry out disciplinary, grievance and absence meetings and investigations as required
- Ensure that health and safety and food safety standards are met at all times
- Constantly look for new ways to improve and develop standards and ways of working
- Look for ways to reduce waste throughout the bakery and reduce inefficiencies
- Develop and coach Shift Managers to improve their leadership skills
- Work closely and support the product development team as required
- Liaise with customers and auditors as required on factory visits