North West London
We are recruiting a Technical Manager on behalf of a fantastic food client of ours based in North West London. They are keen to speak with experienced individuals who are looking for their next challenge.
The key responsibilities for the role will be:
- To lead on food safety, quality and hygiene, implementing changes where necessary to comply with customers’ and government regulations.
- Issue and maintain customers’ specifications and other documentation and ensure it is adhered to. Maintain a photo library of all finished product standards.
- Respond to customer complaints, liaising with the Operations Manager as necessary.
Lead the QA team, ensuring the product is checked online on a routine basis, recording customer specific information as required.
- Work with new product development and production teams to ensure that methods and working practises for new products and product changes comply with relevant food safety requirements.
- Ensure packaging, label and product nutrition information is accurate. Maintain shelf life trials to ensure best before dates are correct.
- Work with purchasing to ensure all suppliers complete a paper audit before supply. Inspect high risk ingredients’ suppliers and temporary labour and laundry suppliers before being given approval to purchase.
- Ensure Company meets its legal requirements for environmental health issues including pest control, worker health supervision and other matters.
- Food Science Graduate or equivalent qualifications is advantageous
- Must have experience of and a good technical knowledge of supermarket’s food safety requirements
- Excellent leadership skills with the confidence to use their authority to ensure full compliance by factory personnel of all relevant food safety and technical requirements
- Proven organisational skills
What’s on Offer?
- Circa £40,000 - Depending on Experience
- Monday – Friday / Office hours
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.