Technical Manager (Importer & Distributor)
This is a unique opportunity for an experience food technology professional to join our client who is a privately owned, market leading importer distributing a range of leading brands from across the globe to a number of major UK customers. The successful candidate will lead our client through the process of gaining third party accreditations as well as travelling internationally in order to review and audit suppliers.
The position will join the Imports department and be responsible for the company’s Technical and Compliance strategy.
The key accountabilities are as follows:
- Overseas supplier management including monitoring, reviews and audits.
- Develop, prepare and captain the Company’s readiness for 3rd party accreditation.
- Managing all technical product information including customer enquiries, product specifications, packaging and labels.
- Manage and develop improvement of the IT strategy.
- Ensuring full EU and UK compliance of products, legally protecting both brands and company from current and upcoming food legislation
- Liaising directly with local authorities, trading bodies including DEFRA and FSA, supplies and customers on matters relating to product compliance and legislative requirements.
- Champion technical excellence and be the main project lead on a number of technical related projects across the business.
- Champion our client’s image of excellence, expertise, diligence and compliance; both internationally and domestically.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience within a Technical and/or Regulatory function.
- Degree qualified within a Food Science or Technology discipline.
- Flexible, reliable, hard-working, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn, accept new challenges and the ability to work independently
- Effective communicator, problem solver and team player
- Excellent knowledge of product labelling, EU and UK food legislation and regulatory compliance
This is an opportunity for a high calibre individual to join a highly successful, entrepreneurial business in an autonomous and challenging position.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference to email@example.com or call 020 8203 1000.