Handyman / Maintenance Assistant
Handyman / Maintenance Assistant, Brough, East Yorkshire, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Handyman / Maintenance Assistant on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer based in Brough, East Yorkshire.
- Carry out a range of minor maintenance, cleaning and repairs in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures - "Fix & Finish"
- For example: Fabric repairs, painting, patch plastering, wall protection, removing disconnected services, minor fixing jobs to aid housekeeping and pest control
- Minor plumbing maintenance, drain unblocking, ground and roof level gully cleaning
- Deal with a lot of the reactive work across the site, from fixing doors to re-attaching things
- Exterior housekeeping, including finish of buildings, fences and gates
- Ensure self and colleagues work in a safe manner always, protecting the environment
- Follow GMP and adopt a "clean as you go culture" both indoors and outdoors
- Liaise with contractors as required for "finishing and fixing"
- Other works as commensurate with the grade and personal abilities and experience
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong fabric maintenance background with a good standard of "finishing and fixing"
- Some electrical, plumbing, construction or decorating qualifications would be of benefit
- Experience of safety rules and systems (permit to work, basic risk assessment, COSHH)
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues as working in all areas of site
- Understand the need for accurate record keeping for quality, food safety and personal safety
- Able to work with minimal supervision, due to operating to a busy schedule of work
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-hour days, 40 hours per week, start time TBC
Salary: £25,046 per annum, (£12.00 basic per hour, paid breaks)
To Apply: Please press the Apply button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Handyman, Maintenance Technician, Handy Person, Joiner, Facilities, Tradesman, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Engineer, Electrician, Multiskilled, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Brough, Market Weighton, Hull, York, Beverley, Selby, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire