Engineering Manager based near Bolton, Greater Manchester area / Food Manufacturing FMCG
We are recruiting for an Engineering Manager on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer
Based in Greater Manchester the role is commutable from Manchester, Bolton, Huddersfield, Wigan, Rochdale, Bury, Preston, Chorley, Stockport etc.
- Ensuring that the Engineering Team carries out maintenance in line with work schedules.
- Managing the engineering team and ensure that they have the necessary skills, qualifications, training and development to be able to deal with the day to day maintenance demands and also to introduce new technology and methods of working.
- Being familiar and confident with all performance management tools and HR policies.
- Communicating with external and internal providers to ensure that production downtime is at the minimum.
- Promote and support the health and safety culture on site.
- Ability to build relationships with/ Work closely with the senior management team.
- Participation in site audit programmes to ensure that they can achieve a continued high standard of readiness and also respond to needs of auditors.
- Supporting the Chief Engineer with adhoc duties and potential projects.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will possess strong management skills and have excellent technical knowledge to guide, support and develop the existing engineering team.
- The successful candidate will be educated to HND level in an engineering subject or equivalent with previous experience of maintenance and projects in a continuous process FMCG environment.
- You will be self-motivated and numerate with an understanding of P&L to gross margin level as well as being an experienced people manager who is able to provide leadership to their team of engineers.
- You will have the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing processes and have a proven track record of innovation and problem solving in delivering engineering solutions.
- Experience in working on PLCs would be an advantage.
Salary: up to max £45,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for jobs in: Engineering Team Leader Engineering Supervisor Shift Engineering Line Manager Engineering Manager Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Electrical Engineer Mechanical Engineer FMCG Food Drinks Beverages Bolton Manchester Lancashire