You will be part of a small Technical team, As QA Supervisor/Trainer you will work closely with the Technical Manager to drive forward Product Quality and Food Safety across site.
The role will suit candidates who have worked for a small or medium company and are willing to work in a hands-on varied role. Experience within a similar role is required
- Ensure that all Quality, Food Safety, Process, GMP, G&HP, Microbiological and QC checks on and off line are being carried out in conjunction with specific work instructions and company procedures
- Carryout any customer specific requirements including wash outs, piece counts and weight control exercises and ensure report is meaningful.
- Act as site auditor and review all production and process paperwork, carryout out document control checks and monitoring of results where required (this includes all departments, Engineering, Hygiene, Production and Technical). Able to file and manage all process paperwork to correct places including archive process.
- Assisting in all root cause investigations towards resolving customer and consumer complaints, internal investigations and supplier issues.
- Understand HACCP and play an active part in ensuring the sites HACCP program is run effectively.
- Assist in ensuring all employees onsite understand the importance of following the Food Safety and Quality Systems.
- Have a priority role in the success in driving the BRC Food Quality Audit and all other site customer audits and visits for the site.
- Assist with the audit and use available resource to obtain any requested information (including traceability). Ensure audit is professionally organised and in control.
- Training of all production staff in SOP's, Policies, Procedures including competency checks.
- Cover in absence of Technical Manager.
- Organised and efficient
- Diligent and thorough in approach to work
- Ability to manage and influence change in people
- Self-starter - recognise and solve problems
- Speaks fluent English
- Well conversant with Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint
- HACCP Level 2/3 Desirable not compulsory
- ISO 9001/Quality Management Training optional
- Internal Auditor Desirable not compulsory
- Level 3 Food Safety
- RCA Training
- Some knowledge of Chilled RTE/RTRH.
- Awareness of the latest version of relevant Standards including BRC/SALSA and able to steer factory towards achieving and maintaining results.
Please ask for further details