Hygiene Supervisor - Nights
Do you have experience working in a Hygiene role in an FMCG/ Food manufacturing environment? Have you previously led or managed a team?
Due to an increase in business we are recruiting for a Hygiene Team Leader to work at our food manufacturing site in Selby.
This role will be working Nights Monday - FridayMain responsibilities
- Ensure that the team has the right number of resources with the appropriate skills, deploying a recruitment and training plan and adopting appropriate people practices, to enable them to deliver the master cleaning schedule
- Create and present a clear forward resourcing plan (people and materials) for cleaning, sanitation, environment and technical, and adapt this in light of emerging circumstance to minimise food risk
- Direct and monitor the team’s delivery of the day to day hygiene activities, in line with the master schedule, to ensure operational integrity
- Communicate, and validate the team’s adoption of amendments to SOPs to ensure change is effectively implemented and improvements are made to functional hygiene performance and safety practices
- Review equipment and highlight damage, escalating risks, to inform the preventative maintenance programme
- Ensure personal and team compliance with inventory controls to facilitate the timely replacement of materials
- Provide appropriate information, in accordance with agreed procedures, to customers/regulatory bodies to ensure demonstration of process and procedures
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set in the SHE Policy
- Food Hygiene NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Basic Health & Safety NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Chemical Handling
- Detailed understanding of the impact of legislation on day to day operations in relation to food safety.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel
- Previous experience in FMCG or similar hygiene role
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce