To take a 'hands on' approach to identifying and implementing improvement projects in accordance with strategic plans and organisational goals, resulting in overall site development.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Project Engineer will be responsible for the creation and co-ordination of multiple projects and teams.
After 44 years of success the FMCG manufacturer are constantly working to cement their position as market leader. They have invested in new machinery and products to insure they maintain their edge over the competition. They have expanded their centres of excellence in the food industry, achieving a smooth transition into the next generation of packaging.
The Project Engineer objectives will include the following as part of a comprehensive and challenging brief:
- To drive significant improvement projects at plant level with resulting cost benefits.
- To manage and coach local owners/sponsors of CI projects and CI project reporting. (project selection, gate review, on time in full delivery of projects etc).
- Identify machine deficiencies and work towards improving the equipment.
- Deliver CAPEX proposals.
- Manage a portfolio of small to medium sized improvement projects.
- Manage large CAPEX projects from cradle to the grave.
- To challenge the plant management team members to deliver step change, over deliver budget and incremental improvements in all aspects of business (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, HR).
- To ensure the fast paced implementation of best practice.
- To drive identification and progress of improvement activities in different areas at plant level.
- Challenge the team to identify new opportunities.
- To work closely with the Managing Director and Group Operations Director to develop and implement project action plans.
The Project Engineer should be educated to a high standard, candidates will need to have a manufacturing or engineering background.
You will need to have experience of being able to manage a portfolio of projects.
Ability to deliver large projects with a budgets of circa £1-2 million.
You will need to be a hands on engineer and technically proficient. Ideally you will have an appropriate qualification in Engineering and Project Management.
This experience will be supported by a strong lean toolbox and demonstrable success in delivering improvements across all business areas.
Salary based on experience