Graduate Support Engineer
Eden Scott's client is well known manufacturing organisation based in East Lothian. Due to ambitious growth plans, an opportunity has become available for a Graduate Support Engineer to the team.
In this role, you will work as part of a small team responsible for delivering projects to improve existing manufacturing facilities and increase production capacity. The successful candidate will report to the Project Engineer, and take responsibility for providing support across a range of activities including:
- Equipment specification and procurement
- Project planning
- Installation and commissioning of projects on site.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline
- Good technical abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively and communicate ideas with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Able to work independently and prioritise own work.
- Good organisation skills.
- Experience of completing engineering calculations to size process equipment such as pumps, valves, heat exchangers and filters.
- Experience of working with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Ability to use AutoCAD.
- Experience of MS Project for project planning.