Goods-In Process Controller
We have a exciting new opportunity at our Branch in Park Royal for a Goods-In Process Controller to provide a complete Food Safety and Quality Assurance function to a production line.Main responsibilities
The successful candidate would be required to take an active role within the Low Risk QA team and associated procedures to ensure that all products are manufactured safe and hygienically from the best quality raw materials, to the highest possible quality standards.
To take part in the supplier and raw materials intake and storage procedures to ensure that all ingredients conform to specification and current legislation.
To ensure that good manufacturing practices are used and to maintain all paperwork within.
Raw Materials Intake:
- Microbiological samples are taken where specified on QA1, critical list, according to Greencore sampling programme or as otherwise directed
- Complete ingredients / packaging checks to ensure they meet HACCP, Greencore and Customer guidelines (includes certificates of analysis ) as specified on intake QA1 paperwork
- All Ingredient non-conformances (including microbiological issues) are reported to the raw materials supervisor
- All raw materials and packaging deliveries are checked against QA1 requirements, including vehicle checks
- Intake paperwork is fully completed and that any non conformances are correctly documented
- All materials requiring positive release and / or a certificate of analysis are placed on hold until the correct documentation is in place.
- The on hold log / system is correctly implemented, placing raw materials on hold as required by the non conformance system.
- Report any raw materials issues directly to the raw materials supervisor.
- Liaise with suppliers and supply chain if any issues and RMS/TSM not availble
- Monitor Goods in area GMP and hygiene practices. Report issues to area section managers and ensure any necessary corrective action is implemented.
- Complete area temperature monitoring as specified for area, chillers and freezers in low risk and as specified in high risk where necessary.
- Complete daily housekeeping checks / GMP or CCP 1 udits and internal audits.
- To monitor storage conditions and stock rotation of raw materials. Ensure any non conformance is reported to Section managers and raw materials supervisor. Implement corrective action where necessary
- Monitor use and documentation in vegetable wash area. Twice daily sign off on vegetable wash records
- Sign off of daily knife control report
- Sign off of QA daily sort list in the event of query, refer to Raw Materials Supervisor
- To ensure all equipment in use is correctly / regularly calibrated eg Temperature probes, Scales, pH meter, fridge temperature records
- To ensure aseptic sampling techniques are adhered to when taking microbiological samples of food material
- Ensure the most up to date documentation is in use e.g. QA1 for each material, Approved Supplier listing, Temperature records, Work instructions / procedures
- Ensure orders are placed through Raw Materials supervisor of consumables used by process controllers in low risk e.g. stationary, hold/reject tape, knives, sample bags
- To influence change through close working relationships with the Site management teams
- To adopt and implement the Companies Health & Safety Policies and Procedures, and in so doing promote the maintenance of a safe working environment for all functional and company employees.
- Carry out all other reasonable requests from the RM supervisor, Technical services manager, Technical Controller, Site Director, Category MD, Category technical controller and Technical Director.
The ideal candidate must have:
Minimum 6 months experience in Food Manufacturing Company.
Foundation Food hygiene
Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice in food storage areas.
Good attention to detail.
Good Interpersonal Skills.
Good spoken and written English.
The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Knowledge of computer packages an advantage