Food Technician/Technical Assistant
Reporting to the Food Safety Manager, this role will be of interest to candidates who are passionate about food safety and quality, and who wish to build their career within this discipline.
Working with the Technical team you will oversee product specifications and ensure that they are completed within the necessary deadlines as well as ensuring legal compliance.
The role will also involve investigating customer complaints to establish any failures within the manufacturing process to ensure that any issues can be addressed in the short and longer term.
- Support the Food Safety Manager in maintaining product quality, safety and legality throughout the business by ensuring procedures within the company are followed.
- Monitor safety, legality and quality issues relating to raw material, WIP, GMP and finished goods in production manage internal audits, technical testing and non-conformances and assist in the control of suppliers.
The successful applicant will have a good level of IT and organisational skills, good time keeping, work well in a team but also as an individual, and have excellent communications skills which are vital to the role.
- Must demonstrate drive and passion for food.
- Demonstrate resilience, be enthusiastic and motivated with a "can do will do" approach
- Must lead by example, enjoy work and encourage others to do the same.
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder with Co. Workers, external shop Mangers, regulators, suppliers and management peers.
- Highly organised with the ability to organise others
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible approach demonstrating the ability to multitask
- Strong influencing skills
Skills and Experience
- Excellent Excel and typographical skills
- Relevant education in Food or related subject
- Good working knowledge of all accreditation standards and relevant legislation
- Ability to highlight route cause analysis and communicate prevention methods to Managers
- Trained in food safety and hazard analysis
- Knowledge and aware of HACCP, BRC, KPI's and GMP's
- Ability to self-manage workload and the workload of other
A great opportunity to begin or develop a career in technical. Immediate start. Some flexibility in working hours required.
Indicative Salary Range: £18000 - 23000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.