Process & Development Technologist
Our client, a long-established International Ambient Food Manufacturer is looking for a Process and Development Technologist to join their team. A creative developer with a strong understanding of manufacturing processes, you will be responsible for both new and existing product development as well as the optimisation of processing techniques for all products produced at their site based in Northamptonshire.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Driving output efficiencies and consistent product control through the optimisation of production techniques and material usage. Providing documentation and systems to support evaluations.
- Implementing new practices alongside production and engineering personnel to ensure accurate and safe systems are followed.
- Planning, organising and executing product development projects considering factors including ingredients price and availability, manufacturing costs, legal constraints, quality standards and customer requirements.
- Driving continuous improvement, eliminating non-value added activities and reducing the cost of goods sold.
- Developing new recipes and products in line with market needs.
- Providing on site process leadership, support and guidance during start-ups, equipment transfers and process changes, following up recommendations and overcoming any issues.
- Investigating all processing practices across all lines within production.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience in a similar role within Food Manufacturing with a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- Previous experience working with Major Retailers and an understanding of their requirements and standards
- Organised with a strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator who feels comfortable liaising across departments
- Commercial understanding
- Creative and enthusiastic with a passion for food
- Long-established business with an emphasis on innovation and service
- Manufacturers of top quality ambient food products at attractive prices
- Supplying Major Retailers across the UK and worldwide
If you are a team player with a positive attitude and are looking for an interesting and challenging role, then this could be the job for you. If interested, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4342 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.