Quality Supervisor – Tuesday-Saturday
The QC Supervisor is responsible for the day to day functioning of the QC team along with training and development of individual and new team members.
- To ensure that 'Quality Manual' and 'Good Manufacturing Practice' is maintained.
- To be responsible for maintaining and improvement of BRC, TFMS, HACCP and Operational Hygiene and Safety practices.
- To implement Positive Release Systems from the Pack House, To lead the team using excellent communication techniques and team meetings.
- To measure and record all operation K.P.Is onto the business data capture system, Ensure all practices are conducted within the business technical parameters, and produce high quality reports.
- To achieve an in depth knowledge of the characteristics of all products handled and how quality varies according to season, variety and origin.
- To ensure the quality of products supplied to the Company fully meets our procurement specifications.
- To achieve an in depth working knowledge of all customer product specifications and action and report any non-compliance’s to the appropriate personnel.
- To maintain the appropriate documentation as set out in the Company Quality Assurance Manual.
- To gain a working knowledge of the principle of cold chain and the maintenance of such a regime within the Company.
- To be aware of the Food Safety Act and it’s implications regarding the operation of the business.
- To ensure that good working practice is maintained at all times within the packing environment in accordance with our Company health and safety policy and that our statutory and customer requirements are met in full.
- To attend and participate in QC team meetings.
- Monitor training needs for the QC team.
- Responsibility for the QC team in the weekly rota and holiday/sickness approval
- To lead and monitor the team ensuring the correct staffing levels are in place to cover
- Educated to Degree Level in a Food Science, Horticulture or Agricultural Based Discipline.
- Experience in a production environment or agricultural/ Growing environment
- Some experience in a Q.C. role.
- Flexible with regards to location and working patterns. Ultimately must live within commuting distance of his/her place of work.