Butter/Dairy Operative (FTC), North Tawton
Butter/Dairy Operative (FTC until September 2019), North Tawton
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Butter/Dairy Ancillary Operative to join our site based at North Tawton, Devon. This role will involve working 4 on, 4 off (Days Only, 12 hour shifts). This role will be employed on a temporary contract until 01/09/2019.
Make an impact
Reporting to the Production Team Leader, the role will involve;
- Support cheese & Butter departments with daily washdown CIP turn round & butter production.
- Complete and document Daily production pre-preparation tasks.
- Daily replenishment to cheese department of ingredients.
- Stock rotation and management of ingredients.
- Ensure butter production is according to plan and achieving hour - hour performance targets.
- Optimisation of processes and procedures to achieve stable production and yields.
- Completion of daily, weekly and monthly hygiene and GMP routines and documentation.
- Ensure there is a safe workplace and a pleasant working environment, reporting Process Deviations to ensure product quality and food safety.
- Working across teams and departments.
- Ensuring there is a robust handover between shifts.
- Challenge current processes and practices to identify new opportunities.
- Using LEAN tools for continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be numerate and literate, reliable, confident and have good verbal and communication skills, coupled with the ability to work on your own initiative. You will have strong IT skills with previous use of SAP and Microsoft Office advantageous. You will be self-motivated and a strong team player.
You will have previous experience of working in a production environment and will have a good understanding of Food Safety and Quality and will ideally be trained to HACCP Training Level 1.
Please apply online as soon as possible. In return come and work for a friendly and efficient site within a market leading dairy company that encourages internal promotion. We look forward to hearing from you!