Plant Supply Chain Team Leader
Position: Plant Supply Chain Team Leader
Do you have experience of leading a supply chain team? Can you make things happen with agility and pace? Are you looking for a new challenge in the FMCG industry?
If so we would like to hear from you.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all facets of the plant scheduling & logistics team, including materials planning, production scheduling, inventory management, product life cycle change management, disposals, risk and SLOB management and master data governance.
- Take the five-week plans from the plant planner and translate them into an efficient time-phased factory schedule.
- Identify and implement improvements to working practices to improve efficiency, performance and reliability in the supply chain, including: vendor management, seasonality and promotions planning and supplier inventory planning.
- Carry out quarterly review of run-rates with operations management and plant financial controller, keeping the SAP system data current.
- Manage the TECO and cycle count programmes to maintain process order and inventory accuracy in line with SOX controls.
- Responsible for all systems monitoring and enhancements (SAP & legacy tools) and system training of core power users. Main lead into McCormick IT for technical enhancements/changes.
- Report relevant KPIs for the plant supply chain management.
- Oversee development and coaching of departmental team members. Develop individual goals for direct reports and ensure alignment to functional OGSM's. Follow up and monitor progress of individual goals and adjust as necessary to changes in business priorities and objectives,
- Build bench-strength in materials management, scheduling, SAP and APO.
- Represent Supply Chain planning on local, regional and global projects with regard to Commercialisation, CCI and engineering changes.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent. A relevant post graduate qualification in Supply Chain is desirable, but not essential.
- Solid Operations, Supply Chain background with proven track record of target focused delivery in fast-paced Operational environment
- Experience in fast-paced FMCG work environment
- Proven leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of cycle-count process
- SAP& APO working experience
- Experience of production and materials planning and management.
- Track record of achieving results
- Ability to deal with complexity and change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong user of IT
- Experience of inventory analysis and management, including managing and leading improvements in inventory turnover/stock accuracy and JIT/Kanban processes.