My client is a successful Food Manufacturer currently looking to recuit a Quality Auditor...
To be responsible for complying to and auditing/inspecting against our Quality Management System (QMS), this will involve product safety, legality and quality systems. To have overall responsibility for quality checks from raw material to finished packed product.
• Implementation and auditing/inspection of QMS, good manufacturing practices, good hygienic practices and HACCP in the business.
• Assessing product starting from raw material to finished product for safety, legality and quality. Communicated any issues to the production managers, QA supervisor and/or factory technical manager immediately.
• Collecting samples and swabs as per the schedule. Sending all collected samples to the respective labs.
• To liaise with the operations team on a daily basis to ensure that all safety, legality and quality checks are performed.
• Effective management of non-conformances, ensuring root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions are completed for all non-conformances.
• Highlighting any out of spec occurrences, investigate, document and report to the QA supervisor.
• Complete all QMS including HACCP checks and tasks as per the schedule.
• Complete trend analysis for all the audits/inspections and non-conformances.
• To assist in the investigation of customer complaints.
• To assist in the preparation & collection of samples for taste panel, factory trials and NPD trials. To complete organoleptic, micro and gas testing.
• To complete both backward and forward traceability exercise as per the schedule and as and when required by the business.
• Maintaining calibration of probes, scales, checkweighers, metal detectors, flow meters etc. used on site and regular testing where applicable.
• Testing chemical strengths to ensure right concentration of chemical are used on site.
• Preparing test packs for checkweighers.
• The role involves supporting operations and engineering department in implementing QMS and problem solving.
Exposure to Quality Assurance/Technical within the Food Manufacturing sector would be desirable. Applications are welcome form Graduates with Food related qualifications. Applications from candidates with skills from other FMCG sectors are also welcome.
4 ON 4 OFF 6am-6pm, 10am-10pm, 12am-12pm
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.