Concept Development Technologist
Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the major retailers, is looking for a Concept Development Technologist for their site based in Kent. This is a key role within the Development Team creating new, profitable and deliverable product concepts.
Reporting to the NPD Manager, Key Accountabilities are:
- Working with the Development Chef to create new concepts either from the customer brief or through blue sky innovation
- Communicating with and building relationships with customers including preparing and delivering presentations
- Liaising with the buying team and suppliers to ensure that raw materials are ordered in a timely fashion
- Attending supplier meetings to gain an understanding of ingredients
- Providing detailed kitchen recipe specifications and kitchen demonstrations
- Involvement in the brainstorming / brief scoping and supplying information for product reviews as required
- Demonstrating an understanding of business requirements in terms of margin and budgets along with a comprehensive understanding of the costing system
- Following product approval, ensuring all relevant departments have the necessary information for the product launch critical path
- Generating and keeping up to date the product manuals, ensuring accuracy
- Providing relevant paperwork for photoshoots and samples
- Assisting the Process Technologist in the translation of kitchen methods and assembly into suitable factory processes, supporting initial factory trials as appropriate
- Providing input into the on-going improvement of existing products
Essential skills and experience include:
- Process or Technical background with Development experience
- Working with short shelf life chilled food products in a fast paced environment
- Creative with experience of recipe development
- An awareness of project management techniques, in particular critical path and gated processes
- Strong Analytical and numerate skills
- A strong communicator
- A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
- Modern and well invested sites
- Supplying major retailers across the UK
Are you an ambitious Product / Concept Development Technologist who is passionate about food? If so, this could be the job for you. The role attracts a salary of £30k - £35k per annum and is based at our client’s site in Kent.
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4345 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Concept Development Technologist needed for short shelf life chilled food manufacturer at their site in Kent. Experience in similar role essential.