Speedibake is a division of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £13.4 billion and 130,000 employees in 47 countries.
Speedibake has bakery sites in Wakefield and Bradford specialising in own-label baked goods, we supply to a customer base across all channels; predominantly retail, as well as foodservice wholesalers, contract catering, end users and export.
This is an ideal role for someone looking for an all-encompassing technologist role.
You will have designated customer responsibility and work on everything from product ideation on the back of the NPD & EPD brief, write the recipes, source any new ingredients, make the products, complete all the customer paperwork and then present to the customer yourself at submissions until you have received product approval. You will then handover the product to our Process team to scale up for production.
You will work within a small portfolio of bakery products from muffins, doughnuts, mince pies to garlic bread and speciality bread, and juggle multiple briefs at the same time both NPD and EPD. Working with predominantly Retail but also Foodservice customers.
We are a small but fast-paced concept development team, where you will work alongside 2 Technologists and report into the Senior Technologist. You will also work cross-functionally with other departments and in particular need to develop a close relationship with sales, technical, procurement, finance and supply chain so will require good interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a Technologist that has worked within a similar manufacturing environment or could be a smaller business looking to work within a larger, faster paced business. You will have worked within a gated process and used to working to a critical path and meeting deadlines. Ideally you will have had experience presenting to customers yourself. You are a positive, curious, confident, self-starter individual who is keen to deliver a great service to our external customers as well as internal stakeholders.
- To be the first point of contact with the customer. This is a customer facing role that will require you to build a strong relationship with your designated customer/s through regular communication covering briefs, project updates and broader discussion around future ideas. You will need to have knowledge of, and adhere to their Product & Brand policies.
- To be an expert in concept development – knowledge of Speedibake’s capabilities; creating and writing recipes to ensure functionality whilst meeting the brief requirements; sourcing new raw materials and dealing directly with suppliers; completing customer presentations and all sample submissions paperwork required accurately
- Deliver a fully pro-active approach to development by having the ability to identify product opportunities using both current and new innovation as well as being able to work to specific customer briefs.
- Knowledge of the marketplace and industry, what’s new and latest trends to be ahead of the curve and drive your product concepts.
- Project Owner for your designated customer briefs, working within the end-to-end development process and achieving critical path dates, communicating out project updates to internal & external stakeholders.
- Completing the internal Handover to the Process team following customer product approval.
Skills & experience
- Customer experience face-to-face and managing the relationship and communication ongoing
- Concept development experience ideally within the Bakery Industry and it would prove advantageous if you have experience of the retail market
- Creative, with an understanding of current and future industry trends and the ability to translate these into customer propositions
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Confident and able to work well cross-functionally with other internal departments like sales, technical, procurement, supply chain, production
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office/Outlook)
UK driving license
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.
Closing Date – 17 April 2019