Engineer - Eden Engineering Apprenticeship
Eden Engineering Apprenticeship
We currently have an exciting opportunity for two individuals to apply to our fantastic Eden Engineering Apprenticeship Programme.
We can offer you:
- A starting salary of £16,000 per annum
- No tuition fees or student loans to payback after graduation
- A City and Guilds Level 3 Maintenance Engineering qualification (Electrical and Mechanical)
- A laptop during the apprenticeship
- An on-site mentor as well as graduated apprentices to support you
- Starts 2nd September 2019
About Dairy Crest
Dairy Crest is a producer of leading British food brands and value-added ingredients. We are committed to providing healthy, tasty and sustainable foods and to play our part in helping to improve the nation’s health. We produce a wide range of market leading brands, including Cathedral City cheese, Clover dairy spread, Country Life butter and Fry Light cooking spray. We also manufacture specialised ingredients for use in the infant formula, human nutrition and animal feed markets.
About the apprenticeship
This is a four year, academic and work based industry recognised Engineering Apprenticeship qualification, with additional modules specific to the dairy and food industry. It also builds skills in innovation, influencing, leadership and motivation. The programme provides on the job training by us whilst working in partnership with our training providers Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) and Reaseheath College based in Nantwich, Cheshire to achieve the following apprenticeship standard:
- Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship at level 3, with end point assessment of skills/knowledge;
- Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance at level 3;
- Award in Food Safety and HACCP at level 2;
- Integrated technical study and work based learning;
- On completion of your apprenticeship you will qualify for membership to the Institute of Technical Engineers;
- During your final year, you may also be offered the opportunity to study for a HNC.
The apprenticeship involves:
- Initial residential 17 weeks of Engineering training in year one, at Reaseheath College;
- Further residential 5-7 weeks per year of Engineering training over years two, three and four;
- The remainder of the time will be spent hands on in the dairy industry working at our Kirkby site;
- Access at Reaseheath College to the latest technology in a purpose-built training facility equipped with the very latest machinery, dairy technology and software control systems;
- You will also study dairy theory and science in relation to Engineering.
What happens after you complete the Apprenticeship?
On successful completion, typically our apprentices will move in to the shift engineering teams or day shift maintenance teams. In these roles engineers have accountability for maintaining and improving a whole range of our production lines and processes with real accountability for driving efficiency and reliability of our assets/machines.
What makes an ideal Eden Engineering Trainee?
An Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance is a Level 3 qualification so you will need to have:
- Three GCSEs to include Maths (higher) at Grade B and above (level 6) and English Grade C (level 5) and above, plus
- One A level, highly desirable;
- A keen interest in Engineering and the food industry;
- Be inquisitive and have a willingness to learn;
- Strong organisational skills;
- The ability to prioritise and deliver to deadlines;
- Be open to change and new ways of working / thinking;
- Be prepared to commit to a 4 year period of study and hard work.
- Closing date for applications is 26th April 2019.
Assessments dates are expected to be held in mid-May 2019.
- To apply, please complete the application form, attach your updated CV and cover letter with your complete GCSE (or equivalent) scores.