Job Title: NPD and Innovation Manager
Responsible to: Director of Manufacturing
To facilitate the successful development of all new products from concept to launch, ensuring that products meet customers’ expectations and legislative requirements. Managing Destiny Foods “catalogue” range, via effective Category management principles, ensuring it meets the evolving needs of the food service market.
- Manage the full NPD department and stage/gate process from concept through to launch, in order to provide an effective NPD service to the customer.
- Working in collaboration with multiple functions, monitor and manage the critical path for all products in development to deliver successful and on-time product launches.
- To provide Finance, Sales and Manufacturing team recipe costings to ensure maximum profitability in the business.
- Lead, direct and mentor the NPD team through the development process to continually share best practice, knowledge and ideas.
- Maintain awareness of customer specific policies, legal requirements and any associated regulations to ensure that all new and existing products are developed safely, legally and in line with all necessary policies.
- Working in collaboration with Technical and Purchasing, whilst developing concepts and innovation being aware and taking into consideration the Destiny Foods allergens, ingredients and HACCP policies.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with customers and cross-departmental functions to develop and grow the number of product launches for each customer.
- Work closely with the Technical Department to provide detailed product information so that specifications can be completed accurately.
- Lead the NPD management of wider business projects to facilitate their integration into the customer base with the assistance of the Sales/Account Manager.
- Liaise with the Purchasing team to source new ingredients and identify cost saving opportunities with alternative suppliers without affecting the quality of the finished product.
- Promote effective team working practices to ensure good communication both within the team and cross departmentally.
- Flexibility to work out of hours and ‘off site’ as required.
- To take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role.
- Effectively meeting customer needs, building productive customer relationships and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty to the business.
Values and Behaviours
- To encourage and promote the values of Destiny Foods, and to comply with the required standards of conduct.
Equality and Diversity
- To promote, adhere to and implement the Equal Opportunities policy.
Health and Safety
- To work in compliance with the Health & Safety Policy to ensure hazards are identified and risk assessed and controlled.
- To be proactive in managing your personal health, safety and wellbeing and that of your colleagues.
- To promote the Environmental Policy by implementing working practices and procedures that ensure a sustainable approach to the use of resources are disposed of in an efficient and environmentally friendly way.
No Recruitment Agency contact