Long standing manufacturer with a leading brand name are looking for an Operations Manager to look after manufacturing. Leading the production, planning , inspection, quality and engineering teams.
The Manufacturing company was established 65 years ago, and have continued to grow and develop into the UK's biggest manufacturers in their field. This company rarely rest on their laurels and continue to push boundaries with their designs and ever expanding portfolio. Thier new purpose built factory hosts circa 200 workforce, in a friendly and welcoming environment.
The Operations Manager will lead all manufacturing processes to ensure the efficient and effective planning and manufacture of all orders to achieve company targets and customer delivery expectations, whilst maintaining the company's quality and health and safety standards and driving continuous improvement.
- Act as a leader
- Push projects through to delivery
- Be brave and speak out to resolve issues
- Take responsibility for actions and mistakes
- Seek to improve and accept feedback
- Be a team player and communicate effectively
- Understand and deliver on the needs of internal and external customers
- Work together to resolve challenges
- Contribute to the debate, then support the business decision
- Empower all members of the team to contribute to a solution
- Recognise team members contributions and celebrate winning
- Act with pace and agility - push on!
- Be constructive and positive
- Be innovative
- Push for considered action: discuss, decide, deliver
- Be determined - overcome challenges and resistance to deliver
- Focus on the most important elements that deliver the most value
The Operations Manager will need the following:
- Proven background in managing manufacturing and operations teams.
- Educated to HND/Degree Level in Production Management.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong knowledge of profit and loss reporting on labour and overhead costs.
- Proactive and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work on own initiative to achieve deadlines and targets.
- Flexible, innovative approach and a positive working style.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Represent operational requirements at senior Manager level.
- Previous knowledge of using ERP systems.
- Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing principle with a demonstrable track record of implementation.
Salary based on experience.