QA/ Technical Assistant
The company is a privately-owned food manufacturer based in Edmonton N18 3AL supplying retail clients and food service operators with a range of chilled ready to eat products. Food safety and product quality is paramount to us. We wish to recruit enthusiastic, technical oriented experienced person for continuous improvement of process.
Reporting directly to Technical Manager and with overall responsibility of assisting, developing, implementing and maintaining the documentation system and quality management system.
1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
-Excellent organisational skills.
-Hygiene, quality control training/experience.
-Ability to communicate at all levels.
-Ability to Lead, Plan, Organise, Motivate and Control personnel.
-Preferred : Food science qualification
To ensure all daily CCP checks within the process are performed at the required intervals and the results are within specification and to verify that CCP checks are within specification. To ensure corrective action is taken and recorded as required.
2. To order and collect finished product samples, raw material samples, environmental and hand swabs for the micro lab and compile results.
3. To ensure all paperwork relating to the production process is checked and filed daily. To report any non-conformances or missing paperwork as required.
4. To accompany Pest Contractor during inspections and ensure any recommendations are actioned in a timely manner and report any possible pest issues, to ensure the factories are kept pest free.
5. To monitor that the quality and food safety system is adhered to through GMP audits, internal system audits, and traceability audits and to ensure foreign bodies’ risks are kept to a minimum through fabric audits and glass audits.
6. To ensure products are labelled with correct labels with the correct use by dates and batch codes during production and to ensure all paperwork relating to temperature monitoring are printed out daily and inspected.
7. Aid in investigations into customer complaints as required.
8. To be part of the HACCP team as required.
9. Liaise regularly with peers and managers to ensure effective support services and maintain communication through information exchange.
10. To order and conduct taste panel exercise.
11. Conduct Induction Training for new staff and help maintain Soho Sandwich values, policies and standards.
12. Making sound decisions regarding removing any substandard products or ingredients and reporting to immediate supervisor or technical department.
To apply for this role please click the apply button below