Head of Engineering
Do you want a Head of Engineering role working for a growing food manufacturer with sites throughout the UK?
Finsbury Food Group (FFG) is a leading speciality bakery manufacturer, with £320m turnover, and 3,200 employees, producing a diverse range of cakes, bread and bakery snack products for the major UK multiple retailers and the foodservice channel.
Memory Lane Cakes is part of Finsbury Food Group Plc. It is one of three sites that make up the Finsbury Food Group Cake Division.
It is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of pre-packed cakes to retailers and wholesalers. The business is predominately retailer branded however It also produces under the Thornton’s, Disney, Weight Watchers and Mars brands, as well as its own Memory Lane brand.
Role: Head of Engineering
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: £very competitive salary plus excellent benefits
- A proven track record as a Head of Engineering / Engineering Manager in a Food manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
- Experience of reducing downtime, improving OEE, improving machine reliability.
- Experience of driving change through employee engagement.
- Evidence of strong leadership in your current and previous roles?
- Experienced in continuous improvement and able to create an environment where team members consistently push for improved team performance and productivity.
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions, please read on….
The Role includes:
- Reporting to the Site Director, this role is a key role within the site’s Leadership Team.
- Ensure the facility and equipment is maintained to a high standard, ensuring there is a robust PPM system in place.
- You will be responsible for engaging the Engineering team to deliver on Engineering KPI’s such as reducing downtime as well as the budgets for labour & materials, as well as capital expenditure.
- You will deliver engineering strategy development.
- Driving continuous improvement and culture change through employee engagement.
- Develop and coach the team to fulfil and exceed the requirements of the job.
What will you get?
- A company that is growing both organically and through acquisition.
- A company committed to CSR, that works with charitable organisations, gives back to the community and is serious about sustainability.
- An excellent remuneration and benefits package.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref JP/4869 to our retained consultant firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call on 0845 003 6872 or mobile 07792 465338. All third party CV’s will be forwarded to Silven for consideration.