Supplier Approval Manager
Supplier Approval Manager
Glanbia Performance Nutrition’s purpose is to inspire people everywhere to achieve their performance goals! We are the world’s leading premium sports nutrition company with Optimum Nutrition, BSN,Nutramino, Isopure, Think Thin, Amazing Grass, and Body & Fit amongst the brands in the portfolio today. We are also the fastest growth driver within Glanbia group with a revenue ambition of $2bn by 2022 and are also a values led organisation focused on driving sustainable business performance the right way.
This role is based when on site primarily in the office; however time will be spent within the onsite warehouse and laboratory, where your team are based. In addition a proportion of time will be spent auditing suppliers.
Managing a team of 3 permanent colleagues you will play a role within the site Technical team, reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Directly responsible Supplier & Raw Material approval, from supplier auditing to new material assessment.
- Develop strong working relationships with supplier and incorporate best practice for the approval process of raw materials and suppliers. To ensure all raw materials meet the requirements of the internal specifications and are supplied in line with the requirements of the Quality Management System and country specific requirements.
- Utilising a site supplier risk assessment report on supplier performance, maintain, plan & complete required supplier audits.
- Ensuring all goods In-take inspections are carried out with all non-conformances (VNCs) raised and working with the supplier ensure these are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Liaise with R&D during trials and product launches to ensure new raw materials specifications and supplier approvals are available to required standard as required.
- Appraise and develop your team to ensure they have a clear understanding of the expectations of their role in the business and identify skill gaps in existing staff with the Technical Manager to ensure training offered leads to optimum flexibility and adequate holiday / absence cover within and across your team.
- Become an active part in the site internal audit program, by completing quality management system and practical factory environmental audits.
Skills & experience:
- Previous food industry experience essential in an equivalent position
- A Degree or HND standard of education in chemistry or other relevant scientific field
- Laboratory & laboratory methodology development experience
- Level 4 Food Hygiene
- Level 3 or above HACCP
- TACCP / VACCP experience
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook) and SAP if possible
- Experience of online portals, Eurofins, QADEX, Synlab would be beneficial.
- Strong time management and organization skills are essential
Key challenges and Success Measures
- Able to work in a factory environment
- Able to deliver with conflicting priorities.
- Able to balance a diverse range of tasks.
- Able to react to drastic changes in priorities at short notice.
- Able to develop a positive team culture during times of change.