Technical/ Product Development Assistant
Company: David Wood Baking Ltd
Location: Sheerness, Kent
Job Title: Technical/ Product Development Assistant
JOB REF: SHERTECH
Job Type: Full Time
Date Advertised: …02/04/2019……….
Closing Date: 04/05/2019……….
THE ROLE SUMMARY
To verify all process control documents and factory audit reports including GMPs Audit, Glass Audit and House Keeping Inspection. Reviewing of all Process Control Documents to ensure they are valid and factory as well as Quality Management Systems (QMS) friendly. Conducting monthly hygiene and fabrication audit assisting Quality Systems Manager in QMS review and update. Moreover carrying out supplier complaint and customer complaint investigation and reporting to the relevant parties.
JOB DESCRIPTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- The position will work with an energetic, passionate and driven technical and product development team to offer support and provide an accurate approach to;
- Data gathering, through supplier contact and relationship building
- Customer requirements at the forefront, with contact as required
- Documentation generation, with essential attention to detail
- Technical support to the team, with a proactive approach.
- To assist in the management of technical functions including microbiology, non-conformances and traceabilities/mass balance, also to manage customer complaints by ensure a prompt and through investigation is carried out by identifying a root cause and communicate to the customer as well as relevant department.
- To cover QA team as required.
- To review the process control sheets and update accordingly.
- Archiving of all recorded process control sheets and audit reports with all relevant information.
- Carrying out hygiene & fabrication audit
- Signing off and trending Hygiene & Fabrication audit
- Carrying out the Internal Audits
- Logging and trending of GMP audit
- Attendance to NPD handovers and ensure understand required standards to monitor once in production.
- To be able to complete the sample submission forms with accuracy and in time. The applicant will require to work very closely with other department in order to ensure any factory trial and first production are followed as per plan and all process control sheets are completed and filed.
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate with a relevant Degree to the Food Science.
- Minimum HACCP level – 2 training
- Good knowledge about food microbiology
- Exposure to technical and product development would be advantageous.
- High level of communication ability and attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills, with confident IT ability, major retailers’ web based specification knowledge would be beneficial.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements related to food safety
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
Please note 1st stage selection will be CV based. 2nd stage will be interview based