Factory Operations Accountant
Factory Operations Accountant: Oldham Based
£60k - £65k plus £5.7k car allowance & benefits
The Company is a c£160 million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites, both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Their products at the Oldham site include, high end celebration cake products, minibites, mainstream hot heating desserts and Food on the Move, they mostly supply Marks & Spencer's.
The role reports to the Operations Director with responsibility for a team of 12 to support our manufacturing areas on operational accounting as well as controlling stock and providing a directional role on continuous improvement.
This role relies on personality and persuasion, and the ability to influence and motivate others to enable cost savings to be attained.
Example accountabilities are:
- Provide financial operational monitoring and reporting information to support key stakeholders daily and weekly e.g. Material variance, waste Profit Improvement Plans
- Challenge Business Unit managers and Departmental management to control costs, make savings and remove roadblocks to achieve better performance
- Manage labour forecasting and forecast drivers such as volume and mix
- Oversee the integrity of stock holding through accuracy and completeness of stock taking and manage the analytical review of stock e.g. obsolescence and slow moving items
- Provide financial leadership to support the Continuous Improvement Team, and identify areas for profit improvement
- Liaise with the Finance Department on behalf of the operational team in order to ensure accurate budgeting
- Minimise the number of stoppages across the factory through improved data integrity and undertake root cause analysis of material shortages
- Motivate, encourage and develop a team to encourage ideas generation and delivery savings and ensure key skills within the team
- Support projects by providing cost benefit analysis and financial accounting information
- Managing projects to improve savings
- Ad hoc tasks as directed on behalf of the Operations Team
The job holder must be able to demonstrate:
- A degree or equivalent and be a fully qualified accountant with ACA, ACCA/CIMA
- At least 3 years working in an Operational Accounting role in FMCG
- A strong continuous improvement background with evidence of personal delivery across a wide range of projects
- A dynamic/challenging personality with persuasive influencing skills
- Familiarity with SAP and MRP systems
- Advanced ability as a Microsoft excel user
- This is a fast paced, rigorous environment so stamina to deal with people/ conflicting priorities under pressure is important
- Salary is £60k to £65k
- Car allowance of £5.7k
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Money purchase pension scheme with 4% contribution of salary by employer
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.