The Technical Assistant role is designed to support the Technical Manager to maintain and develop product quality, safety and legality and to uphold brand values, with the objective of supporting business development and protecting the business from threats to its integrity.
- Supports the Technical Manager with the maintenance of supplier and product information, to ensure the safety and legality of products
- Supports the approval of products by reviewing specifications to check for errors and omissions before they are signed off by the Technical Manager.
- Raises errors and omissions in specifications with suppliers, ensures complete specifications are submitted
- Prepares the complaint summary
- Takes responsibility for filing and organising supplier and product information
- Maintains a customer complaint database to ensure all complaints are investigated and trends can be tracked
- Ensures supplier approval information is up to date e.g. current versions of BRC certificates on file
- Answer technical questions on product composition /specifications
- Completes submission request forms
- Checks accuracy of website against product specifications and on pack information
- Coordinates artwork being sent to suppliers for review, filters responses to the Technical Manager
- Some knowledge and experience of supplier assurance and management systems beneficial but not essential.
- Good analytical skills and PC literate, keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commercially aware with the ability to balance quality objectives with the commercial needs of the business.
- Able to take a hands on approach.
- Good team player, confidant decision maker. Good at multi-tasking
- Lateral thinker able to appreciate the full implications of emerging issues.
- Fast learner.