The purpose of the role is to assist the Operations Director in order to ensure that manufacturing processes run smoothly, meeting business targets within company budgets so that Operations deliver products on time, in full, to the required quality.
- Order Fulfilment: ensuring that all customer orders are delivered on time and in full
- Staffing: managing shift managers, organising staff and making sure labour targets are met.
- Quality: ensuring quality is to the agreed standards and complaints targets are met. Line Efficiency - OEE / Planning / Effective Labour Planning, assessing project and resources requirements
- Lean Manufacturing: Identifying and running Continuous Improvement Projcts in order to improve process, drive efficiencies and lower business costs.
- People Management - Communication / Appraisals / Performance
- Training & Development - Training needs analysis & requirements
- Liaison with Engineering - Maintenance - Planned / Routine / Non-Routine / Breakdowns
- Communication & Reporting - flow of accurate information upwards & downwards and across department
- On Line Quality
- Traceability - contributing to effective trace-ability by ensuring production records completed
- Audit Compliant - Audit ready at all times