Are you our missing ingredient?
As the number one cheese ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers we’ve achieved rapid, double digit growth over the last five years and ambitious plans for this to continue. ‘AA’ Grade BRC accredited, we’ve invested heavily in systems and plant infrastructure with high speed grating and slicing capability producing over 400mt weekly.
Supported by Production and Engineering Managers and an operational team of approximately 80 across 3 shifts, you will lead your team to deliver against all operational KPIs including labour, waste, OEE, GMP, PPM and RFT. You’ll support and drive operational improvements and contribute to cost saving initiatives, ensuring a disciplined approach is adopted in all activity.
Key activities will include:
- Ensure operational resources achieve planned efficiency targets within budget. Make decisions on utilisation of equipment to achieve maximum return and yield.
- Manage reporting systems to monitor output and efficiency. Review under achievement of KPIs and put in place timely corrective actions.
- Evaluate new business to ensure cost effective manufacture. Work with Commercial to co-ordinate the implementation of new products in line with Technical, Quality and Product Specification requirements.
- Work with Technical to ensure all non-conformances are closed out in a timely manner. Ensure site retains BRC and technical documentation reviewed annually. Co-ordinate crisis meetings and communicate any major issues to senior management team.
- Drive a culture of CI and more efficient operational performance. Work with planning, commercial and finance to develop ways to rationalise the product offering & allow production efficiency gains. Lead key business planning projects such as Yield Analysis, Stock Outs, Capital Investment etc.
- Prioritise and manage team performance in line with KPIs. Set and review objectives and work with HR to support development, succession, communication and recognition initiatives.
Who are we looking for?
A ‘hands-on’ Manager you’ll have significant senior management FMCG operations experience, in Food. Fully conversant with technical standards and controls required to meet rigorous food safety requirements, you will evidence development of an ‘audit ready’ approach. Ideally you will also have some Engineering experience with knowledge of the relevant plant and manufacturing standards required.
With experience of working in an automated manufacturing facility and delivering against key production KPIs you will drive performance against a range of operational KPIs. It is essential that you are system orientated, with experience of Oracle/ERP/WMS or similar to maintain and interrogate performance data.
You will demonstrate practical experience of implementing and leading a CI culture. A focus on change management and people development is also key to support the business agenda for growth.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a team player, yet a strong leader who is interested in joining a team of like-minded people in a market leading, KPI focussed, quality driven, business then look no further. Send your details by clicking the apply button below.