My client is looking for an Engineering Manager to look after two of their many sites in the UK. These sites have some high-tech machinery on site so we are looking for a very skilled or upcoming engineering manager. This will be a Monday to Friday role looking after a team of 10 engineers. I see this role as a stepping stone for someone onto big things with this global business.
- To manage the Engineering function, systems and processes on both sites, ensuring that all business objectives are met.
- To support the management of the Environmental, Health and Safety management systems on both sites to comply with local, corporate and legal requirements including maintenance of and compliance with ISO 14001:2015 EMS, ISO 45001:2018 SMS and the appropriate modules within the WestRock Safety Management System.
- To manage all aspects of Engineering costs, including spare part inventory.
- To manage all relevant site contracts and associated contract workers working on site.
- To liaise with the company’s corporate and centralised functions where relevant.
- To manage all planned maintenance activity on both sites using a computerised maintenance management system (C Works).
- To compile and report relevant data for local and corporate use.
- To take ownership of all Engineering and technical projects and ensure that all project deliverables are achieved in agreed timescales.
- To drive continuous improvement and best practice initiatives in the key elements of manufacturing performance.
- Must be computer literate and have an understanding of computer systems.
- Must be an apprenticeship or degree qualified candidate.
- Have strong knowledge of pharmaceutical customer quality and delivery requirements.
- Have a recognised safety qualification, ideally to NEBOSH General Certificate level or higher.
- Print or packaging industry would be advantageous.
Please apply for more details.