Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner – Up to £35'000
We are in need of a Supply Chain Planner to join the team at a food manufacturer in the West of England, commutable from Birmingham, Worcester, Cheltenham, Oxford and Northampton.
The ideal candidate with have fresh food / fresh produce experience in a manufacturing environment, and will understand the rigorous demands of planning fast-moving, short-life products. This role is heavily weighted on the supplier side, and will suit someone from a Materials Planning background. Employment stability is also a massive plus – our client value loyalty and longevity.
Successful applicants will be highly numerate and able to communicate effectively. Experience of import logistics and dealing with major retailers is desirable, and strong knowledge of Excel and relevant ERP/MRP systems will be required.
As the Supply Chain Planner, your duties will include:
- Plan minimum order requirements based on monitoring of customer order history.
- Maintain and develop stock order sheets with sales data and product arrival details, as well as SKU codes and the BOM.
- Ensuring that stock checks are completed to maintain accurate level counts.
- Ensure that stock is allocated correctly and stock levels are maintained in accordance with customer requirements.
- Analyse customer orders and provide timely feedback to Operations and Production Managers
- Liaise with internal and external parties regarding clearance and delivery of all sea freight and road arrivals.
- Notify suppliers of intake discrepancies.
- Tracking supplier performance and providing analysis on a weekly and monthly basis
To be successful, applicants will have experience of:
- IMPORTANT: Fresh food / fresh produce.
- IMPORTANT: Short shelf life manufacturing or distribution.
- Record of materials/demand planning.
- Direct contact with suppliers.
- Intermediate Excel use.
- Import/Export Logistics.
This role will pay in the region of between £25’000 to £35’000 per annum dependent on experience.
The shift pattern is 8am-5pm between either Tuesday to Saturday, or Sunday to Thursday.
If you are interested, please send your CV over to Harley Dalton at D R Newitt in Manchester.