Senior process Technologist
Greencore Selby are currently seeking a Process Technologist on a permanent basis. This is a varied role providing guidance and support to cross functional teams to ensure all products meet food safety, quality and business targets.
- In-depth understanding of the production process to be able to provide process guidance and advice to cross functional teams to promote adoption of new practices or process for increased efficiency e.g. recipe and packaging suitability, food safety controls.
- Provide information to support the creation of customer and factory specifications which lead to the production of quality, food safe products.
- Validation of thermal processes in line with product safety and quality requirements.
- Responsible for the planning, preparation and successful execution of process development line trials to deliver customer requirements and process improvements
- Assessment of equipment capability to ensure that process standards are in line with company and customer requirements to drive improvements
- Monitor and communicate process trends to support the manufacturing team’s production targets
- Challenge and investigate potential continuous improvement projects and facilitate relevant trials to drive process/ product enhancements opportunities
- Ensure the output of all line trials are fully documented with adherence to food safety, quality standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE Policy
- Degree in Food Science or related subject plus working experience within food manufacturing environment
- Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Level 2 Health and safety
- HACCP level 2
- Sensory Training Level 2
- Evaluate & interpretation of shelf life results
- Good level of computer literacy ability to use computer programs to analyse project results
- Micro biological training level 2