Automation Engineer (Days only), Dumfries and Galloway
We're one of the world's biggest dairy producers. Join us as an Automation Engineer, working on days (Monday-Friday) at our site in picturesque Dumfries and Galloway and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
Create the Future
You will be responsible for planning, conducting and improving Automation and Control Systems on site equipment and software. Furthermore, you will be responsible for structured Planned Maintenance, troubleshooting and optimization according to production/packaging equipment which is key to overall site efficiency and delivery. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and contribute in a tangible way to the implementation and maintenance of the HSE & Quality process on-site.
- Responsible for structured troubleshooting on site operations equipment and automations systems, and to provide the Site effective proactive maintenance service.
- Structured troubleshooting of PLC, HMI and SCADA Software.
- Plan and maintain proactive monitoring of site systems (e.g. servers and network).
- Preventive maintenance and troubleshooting as required by the business in case of breakdown in production servers, drives and automation systems.
- Participate in local Automation and Control System related projects (e.g. PLC, HMI and SCADA)
- Documentation of Automations and control Systems at the Site.
- Safety systems, Access-control, CCTV.
- MES Configuration Interfaces e.g. OEE.
- Support Production, Process and PTD teams in delivering CI initiatives.
- Provide technical support to local & capital projects.
- Conduct project work utilising Arla project tools.
- Conduct RCA investigations and component failures and implement corrective actions.
Grow with Arla
We're committed to professional development and our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you'll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
An experienced Automation Engineer ideally with a background in either the Food, Brewing, Pharmaceutical or Chemical industries, with a knowledge of PLC programming, S7 preferred, and structured troubleshooting on complex production/packaging equipment. You should have a broad knowledge of Lean culture and ideally experience of Scada, Industrial network and BUS systems. You should be able to work alone and as a member of cross functional teams. You will be willing and able to share knowledge within the wider engineering team, with the ability to coordinate and communicate between external specialists and the site, across all leadership levels. Additional skills we are looking for include:
- Condition Based Monitoring (CBM)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM)
- Use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working knowledge of HSE requirements
Online as soon as possible please. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package relative to the current market. We look forward to hearing from you.