Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager - Virani Foods Products Ltd
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, and operating from a purpose-built production facility and a second warehouse site, Virani Food Products Limited is a family owned business employing 60 dedicated and professional staff.
Founded on the market-leading Virani brand of gram flour we have become the supplier of choice for spices, seasonings and pulses to many leading blue-chip food manufacturing companies servicing the highly demanding UK retail market. Virani is included in the M&S A List for Dried Herbs and Spices as a miller and blender.
Virani are seeking to appoint a Supply Chain Manager to our senior management team who will develop and lead their team to drive customer service and efficiency forwards.
Reporting directly to the General Manager this is a key position within the business responsible for leading a small team responsible for customer service, planning, raw material supply and warehouse operations. We source our products direct from origin countries requiring that supply chain assurance and integrity are paramount. This presents many challenges to manage as we strive to present our customers with seamless customer service.
This role offers a great opportunity for a talented manager looking to progress and move up to a senior management position but equally the role may also suit a more established candidate looking for a new challenge within a more autonomous SME environment. In either case the breadth of responsibilities will challenge those who wish to develop within a business that encourages all to take ownership, act swiftly and challenge the status quo. This role can truly be considered as end-to end supply chain management.
- BOM management
- Supplier management – inbound goods
- Import and shipping clearance
- Production Planning
- Inventory management
- Sales order to invoice processing
- Order despatch
- POD management
- Relationship development with customers
- Managing 3PL distribution contract
- S&OP management
- Valpak and CCL submissions
- Report performance against business targets
- Manage, lead and motivate direct and indirect reports within the supply chain team.
Essential attributes required for this position include:
- Prior experience of effectively leading Teams within Supply Chain area
- Experience in the development and/or deployment of fully integrated ERP systems
- Advanced level IT skills (MS Office)
- Experience of communicating and interacting with senior client stakeholders
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to generate and implement creative solutions.
- A strong internal & external customer service ethos geared to meeting and where possible exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the company
- Track record of continuously improving team performance.
Desirable attributes include experience of:
- Importing goods by container
- Ingredients Supply (particularly spices and/or pulses).
- Sanderson Unity F8 (or Formul8) ERP software.
- Intermediate HACCP qualification
- Internal Auditor qualification
- Operating to M&S’s Codes of Practice