Senior Food Technologist
Senior Food Technologist
Temporary – 14 months
Location – Haddenham, UK
- Optimise, develop and cost reduce dry blends for customers, proactively and /or in response to briefs.
- Manage projects, ensuring that the appropriate resources (sensory, research, regulatory, commercial, consumer insights, technical services, production and QC) are allocated and co-ordinated to ensure that the action standards of the brief are met and completed successfully.
- Responsible for the seasoning through the whole cycle; development, to scale up and commercialisation, to the trial in the Customers factory or restaurant, thus ensuring a flawless launch. To play a full and active role during Scale Up, Shelf Life Studies, Raw Materials and Finished Product quality programmes and to play an active part in the transfer of formulation responsibility to Operations.
- Research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts
- Build relationships with suppliers and customers
- Contribute to QA, Design and Sensory taste panels to develop a strong awareness of the sensory attributes of seasonings.
- Manufacture seasonings and sample products to a consistently high quality, as specified by the Lab operating procedures, while maintaining a clean and safe laboratory environment according to company standards for good manufacturing practice, hygiene and housekeeping.
- May required to complete more general lab maintenance from time to time in order to support the general business as appropriate
- Food technology / science or equivalent degree
- Solid experience in a relevant seasoning business with track of successful launched products in the international market
- Excellent sensory abilities
- Creative and problem-solving skills with ability to anticipate customer need and demonstrate exceptional service
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships within team and externally with customers
- Passionate foodie with good commercial understanding
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point, SAP
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,200 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6% globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.