Our client, a leading international supplier of Chilled Food Products is looking to appoint a Development Technologist for their site based in Cambridgeshire. Reporting to the Development Manager, the primary objective of this role is to work closely with the Development Manager to manage & deliver NPD & Innovation projects.
- Regular contact with the retailer and is able lead small projects directly or work as part of a larger team on medium to large projects
- Communicate NPD project info and confidently involve other departments in NPD projects
- Generate ideas & develop products in the kitchen alongside the chef team, whilst owning and driving non-kitchen elements of development – costings, nutritionals, submission forms etc
- Management of NPD projects from concept to handover. Working with Process and wider business teams to support delivery of NPD from handover to launch.
- Always looking for new processes, ingredients and products that can drive the innovation agenda
- Is aware of critical paths for all work streams and ensures that action is taken & priorities are set to deliver projects within critical path
- Generates accurate information for costings and drives this through the business
- Able to confidently present products whether they are theirs or a chef, focussing on food values, inspiration, consumer and feasibility.
- Deputise for development manager when required and as part of personal progression.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of the NPD process including awareness of the importance of costings, nutritional compliance, ingredient compliance & accurate communication
- Ability to lead internal and external meetings
- Experience of working with major retailers
- Food manufacturing experience
- Experience of successfully launching products into the retail arena following stage gate process at a fast pace.
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
- A Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK’s truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- A clear Technical Strategy built around a vision of guiding and driving the highest levels of Technical Excellence
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4350 with an updated CV.