Technical Manager - Whitbread
An exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join the NSF team working in partnership with the Whitbread Group.
A key member of our technical team based in the Whitbread office in Bedfordshire, you will be working alongside chefs and commercial colleagues to make everyday experiences special for our millions of customer, delivering great quality food and drink consistently and safely.
This is an opportunity for a qualified and experienced Technical manager who is passionate about food and standards wants to continue to further develop their knowledge and expertise within a dynamic team.
Working collaboratively with colleagues and suppliers you will be responsible for managing a range of products and suppliers ensuring that these meet Whitbread’s quality, safety and technical standards. This involves conducting approval and surveillance inspections of sites, managing specifications and quality attribute standards. You will also support the product development processes to ensure new products and improvements are launched on time from approved suppliers meeting the Whitbread standards and ‘Force for Good’ policies e.g. welfare, nutrition and ethics.
We are seeking a person who is committed, enthusiastic and a great team player with:
- A degree in Food Science/Food Technology or a related degree combined with strong industry experience in technical management roles in the food manufacturing, food retail and/or food service/catering sectors
- Strong experience working with suppliers and conducting audits and inspections (ideally with recognised lead auditor and HACCP qualifications)
- Solid understanding of Quality and Due-Diligence Management Systems
- Experience of Product/Supplier Risk Assessments and New Product Safety Approval Process
- A great communicator (verbal and written) with the ability to negotiate on technical matters at all levels
- Computer-literate, with practical experience in using technical data information systems (ideally with recognized lead auditor qualification and HACCP Level 3)
- Flexibility and ability to travel domestically and Internationally (occasionally at short notice)
You will be home based with frequent working from the Whitbread Court office in Dunstable.
The Benefits Package
- £Competitive Salary
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Company bonus scheme
- Company car or cash alternative
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual holiday
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? This is a great time to be joining NSF/Whitbread, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.