Nigel Wright are working with a recognised manufacturing business that are looking to recruit a HSE Manager for a site that is receiving significant investment. This is a highly complex site that must consider a number of critical environmental issues, coupled with the fact it is a 24/7 operation. A well know, recognisable brand, this is a business that prides itself on developing individuals and providing long term career progression, locally, nationally and internationally.
Health & Safety is a key priority on the agenda for all functions within the business. The successful individual will be required to engage the whole site, and 3rd party contractors to drive down what are already impressive KPI's. You will have a natural ability at driving behaviourial change and thrive when spending time on the shop floor, whilst also influencing the Health & Safety strategy.
Working as part of the Senior Leadership team, key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and improving accreditation against relevant internal and external audits
- Develop, communicate and lead the safety strategy and environmental agenda
- Ensure compliance with legal requirement through provision of advice, assistance and technical expertise to support the senior leadership team
- Driving performance improvement in accident and severity rates by the development, and implementation of strategies and proposals
- Playing an active role in Group EHS forums
- Ensuring all management systems for health, safety and environmental are fully maintained, risks and trends identified and all appropriate action taken
In order to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Degree and/or proven experience working at a management level within Health, Safety and Environmental
- Experience working in either FMCG or liquid processing
- Proven experience driving behaviourial change
- A hands on approach to health & safety, coupled with the ability to influence both the senior leadership team and the wider HSE strategy.