The Technical Assistant will work closely with the Technical Manager and the wider team particularly Production and Development department. Ensuring all relevant technical procedures are implemented, safe and legal requirements are met, and the company is kept up to date with current and emerging legislation.
- Provide adequate cover for the Technical Manager during holiday, absences etc.
- Implementation & management of a Quality Management System ensuring it meets the requirements of BRC Global Standards for Food Safety and of our customers.
- Develop strong technical partnerships with key customers and suppliers.
- Making Customer requirements a priority, with contact as required.
- Producing documentation to high standards.
- Proactive Technical support to the team.
- To assist in the management of technical functions including microbiology, non-conformances and traceability’s/mass balance.
- Management of customer complaints by prompt and thorough investigation, identifying a root cause, communicating with the customer and relevant department.
- To assist the QA team, as required.
- Conduct hygiene & fabrication audits.
- Conduct and manage GMP audits.
- Complete sample submission forms accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure factory trials, and first production runs are followed as per plan, with all process control sheets completed and filed.
Please be advised this list is not exhaustive
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good basis and understanding of PC use/IT (Microsoft office)
- Excellent communication skills – dealing with personnel on the factory floor
- Ability to prioritise and delegate to complete tasks efficiently
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast changing small company environment
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Working Monday to Friday office hours 8.30am-5pm
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays