Technical Manager - Produce
A leading supplier within the fresh chilled foods sector, this successful business is looking to expand their team further. The business take pride on their responsible sourcing and sustainability achievements. Their aim is to offer high quality, nutritious, delicious and healthy products to their customers. Environmentally friendly, resourceful, and customer committed, they only source the finest raw materials, supplying branded and own label finished products to the UK major retailers.
The Technical Manager with provide technical service to both internal and external customers, assisting them to meet their targets. Your key responsibility will be to set and maintain standards of safety, quality and trust to protect and enhance the business branded and our customers’ own label brand integrity.
- Engage fully with customer account teams both internally and externally to formulate, drive, communicate and implement customer technical agendas in line with the business objectives
- To be the principal point of contact for customer teams including hosting and accompanying customers on visits to site and supplier sites.
- Be instrumental in creating and establishing technical policies
- Translate technical policy into an implementation plan for site and our suppliers.
- Ensure that products, systems and procedures are compliant with customers’ codes of practice and specifications.
- Ensure customers’ specifications are accurate and up to date
- Communicate all aspects of technical policy to customers’ technical team, trading team and suppliers
- Represent the company on technical issues with customers and suppliers.
- Manage technical crises as necessary to minimise impact on customer and associated brands.
- Engage with external agents to maintain a level of knowledge of technological developments and encourage the continual development of our and our suppliers’ products and processes.
- Use QMS data to monitor and review performance taking appropriate action and implementing product and process improvement.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills are essential
- Ability to project manage and prioritise
- Confidence in verbal and written communication
- Looking after product and product information
- Improving the product offer
- Improving processes
- Formal technical qualification in a food related science
- Industry experience ideally within Produce
- Experience of Retail Own Label supply