Eden Scott's client is an exciting food manufacturer based in Edinburgh. They are looking for a quality manager on a 12-month fixed term contract as maternity cover.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the quality, HACCP and other food safety systems to ensure compliance
- Ensure investigations and root cause analysis are carried out for all non-compliance issues
- Ensure that the necessary preventative and corrective actions are implemented
- Represent technical team at daily operations meetings; highlight relevant issues/complaints and contribute expertise and advice as required
- Represent technical team at monthly management meeting; provide summary report of quality team developments and continuous improvement activities
- Champion continuous improvement relating to food safety, quality and GMP across the factories
- Plan and manage a schedule of internal audits for quality, HACCP and other food safety systems across the factories
- Plan and manage a schedule of site environmental and hygiene audits across the factories
- Communicate results of all internal audits and ensure that the necessary preventative and corrective actions are implemented as a result
- Prepare for and lead BRC, customer and local authority audits
- Communicate results of all BRC, customer and local authority audits and ensure that the necessary preventative and corrective actions are implemented
- Resolve complaints or issues for selected own-label customers
- Champion consumer complaint reduction plans
- Day to day supervision and management of quality team
- Monitor and manage performance of quality team and take any actions as required
- Ensure that all training needs identified are met within the timescales required
- Plan and manage holidays and other absences to minimise disruption to the department
- Lead recruitment and induction for new staff when required
- Deputise for the Technical Manager in her absence
- Carry out all duties to the agreed Company standards and within the required timeframes
- Maintain a professional and customer focused approach
- Active cooperation with colleagues across the Company
- Attendance and participation at all relevant Company meetings
- Compliance with all relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Compliance with the Quality department and all relevant policies and procedures
- Compliance with all relevant Environmental policies and procedures
- Qualification (minimum HND) in Food Technology or relevant discipline.
- HACCP Qualification (minimum level 3)
- Internal Auditors Qualification
- Quality Management position for at least 2 years within Food Manufacturing environment.
- Working with major retailers and supermarkets.
- Excellent knowledge of BRC Standard, HACCP, Food Safety legislation and Quality Systems.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring BRC Standard, HACCP, Food Safety legislation and Quality Management Systems, in particular GMP.
- Detailed report writing.
- Training Staff at all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written & oral.
- Excellent Man-management and Leadership skills. Ability to motivate both self and colleagues.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible "can do" attitude with a confident, friendly and approachable manner
If you think that you have the can-do attitude required and the skills mentioned to lead the team, then do get in touch because this is the opportunity for you.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, contact Manaba Myeni on 0131 550 1128
If this isn't the role for you but you need assistance in finding the right opportunity give us a call or go to our website www.edenscott.com and register your CV and we will get in touch with you.