Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high-quality products for a range of customers, an exciting opportunity for an HSE Lead to join their Management team.
To provide a service across the designated site covering all aspects of HSE management, training, and general site services. Providing technical expertise to members of management and act as a competent person as defined under the prevailing statute.
- Review and develop all aspects of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented across the business
- Development of Health and Safety Management systems to ensure that all operations are documented and controlled in a manner consistent with current legislation & regulations
- Conducting regular site audits and leading Health and Safety related meetings
- Undertaking risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Investigation and follow up of accident and near miss and ensuring notification requirements are met Working with Departmental Managers and supervisors to ensure staff are fully trained & instructed in all job requirements consistent with Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements and that necessary notices are displayed and reviewed.
- Minimum NEBOSH Certificate, ideally NEBOSH Diploma.
- IEMA or other relevant Environmental qualification.
- Good knowledge with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
- PC literate including being able to work with Microsoft Office
- Able to present written and verbal reports that are understood by the target audience. Can communicate with both internal and external contacts and stakeholders at all levels.
- Min. 2 years post qualification, Health & Safety & Environment experience in a manufacturing/FMCG (Food industry experience would be an advantage.)
- Familiar with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
- Training needs analysis and implementation of training plans
- Preparation and delivery of induction and H&S skills/awareness training.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary dependant on experience
- Monday to Thursday 07.30-16.00, Friday from 07.00 - 14.45.
- Private contributory pension.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01312265060.