Our client is developing in to a leading player within its sector in branded and own label food, and due to this continued growth they are now looking to strengthen their team by appointing a Financial Controller to manage the financial and management accounting functions for the business.
Reporting in to the Group Finance Director, you will be fully responsible for managing the day to day accounts function across the business, managing a small direct reporting team. In addition you will be required to support the board in future growth plans.
The role will include:
- Ensuring that the monthly and weekly accounts accurately reflect the underlying performance of the business and are completed within the timetables as set. Actively drive improvements in reporting in both accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensuring monthly accounts show minimal variations to the weekly accounts and, where those exist, they are clearly identified and communicated to the board.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities. Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems. Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the Inland Revenue
- Proactively supporting the business teams by providing weekly and monthly management accounting information that is both timely and relevant. Ensuring those teams clearly understand the information.
- Managing cash in accordance with company guidelines and targets achieved where set.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts. Research and report on factors influencing business performance. Develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk.
- Responsible for the training and development of individuals within the area to ensure that individuals have the necessary skills to achieve their role accountabilities identifying those worthy of progression and mentoring them accordingly.
Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant with at least 4-5 years post qualification experience ideally in a FMCG, food, distribution or fast paced manufacturing environment with experience of dealing with the major retailers.
The package includes a generous basic and performance driven bonus, and other benefits.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary details and notice period.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.