An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven candidate to join a well established food manufacturer has arisen.
You will be responsible for supporting the business as it goes through substantial growth in both current and emerging categories. This will be achieved through design and development of new and existing product ranges. You must have exceptional customer relationship skills and be experienced in creating commercially viable concepts.
You will challenge the operations and process functions to improve product quality and further enhance the company reputation.
- Enable and support the team, allowing them to lead the market through the launch of quality new products, whilst promoting true innovation and speed to market.
- Utilising your extensive working knowledge of the product categories, the challenges and opportunities, and also recognise potential opportunities for development and innovate to capitalise on these.
- Managing the team of Development Chefs and Technologists.
- Remain in constant contact and working closely with the Finance, Purchasing, Commercial, Production and Technical departments of each site to ensure consistency through development.
- Understand the business and its USPs to develop products that translate effectively once scaled up.
- Work with customer brand values to enable effective translation into product proposition.
- Where required, liaise with the relevant customer contact, ensuring a good quality service is provided at all times.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Have experience working within a similar role, ideally in a fast paced chilled manufacturing environment.
- Be educated to degree level within a food related discipline desirable.
- Have a natural flair and passion for food.
- Be a strong communicator, with excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hold good time management and be self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Have good influencing skills, and able to build strong relationships.
- Be confident working with customers face to face.
Apply for NPD Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly