Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of chilled convenience foods for the major retailers, is looking for a Product Developer. This is a key role within the team leading innovation projects with the customer, developing new and modifying existing products.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Build a relationship with customer through relevant communication on product developments to ensure the critical path milestones are met
- Managing and delivering new product development and innovative projects up to the point of handover to the process team
- Presenting new products and upgrades to key stakeholders and the customer in a professional manner demonstrating your food knowledge and expertise
- Benchmarking of products regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage and contributing to Blue Sky Innovation
- Ensuring that products meet agreed nutritional and organoleptic requirements
- Liaising with Account Managers to ensure products meet margin aspirations
- Working alongside the Chef to translate recipes into viable commercial products
- Writing cooking instructions in line with customer and safety requirements to meet external retailer best practice
- Working with the manufacturing team to verify feasibility of products
- Source and verify the feasibility of new raw ingredients within specifications and approved suppliers
Essential skills and experience include:
- Previous experience as a Product Developer in a fast paced environment ideally working with short shelf life products or chilled food
- An awareness of project management techniques, in particular critical path and gated processes
- Strong Analytical and numerate skills
- A Good communicator
- Established over 15 years ago, a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods supplying a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods across the group
- Group-wide customers include major retailers and food service businesses in the UK and US
- Passionate about food with people at the core of their business
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
Are you an ambitious Product Developer who is passionate about food? If so, this could be the job for you. The role attracts a competitive salary and is based at our client’s Cambridgeshire site.
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4340 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.