Group Technical Manager
Group Technical Manager
Location: North West/Midlands/South West
Job Reference: AJ - GTM
Are you interested in a new challenge in a progressive, professional and a well-established food manufacturer?
Are you able to work to complexity and in a dynamic, commercially robust and collaborative business?
This business is a major player within FMCG, and are looking to appoint a Group Technical Manager. An exciting, commercial and ambitious business who have demonstrated strong growth over a sustained period and will offer you career progression opportunities, challenge and the ability to work with a long serving and stable team.
£70,000 - £80,000 Base, Car, Pension, Healthcare, Bonus Scheme
To lead and drive quality and food safety improvement, support the management and resolution of quality and food safety issues across the manufacturing sites and be the technical point of contact in case of escalation with customers.
To coach and support the development of the site technical teams and build technical understanding across the wider business.
To support the delivery of the business
- To lead the development of the quality and food safety culture within the manufacturing sites
- To set the strategy for across manufacturing sites for the technical function
- To drive quality improvements through specific initiatives, the prioritization of site technical improvement plans and sharing of best practice.
- To develop Quality Improvement Plans with the Supply Chain Leadership Team and Site Senior Teams to focus on the delivery of technical KPI improvements which are aligned to Technical/Operational strategic objectives and specific retailer requirements.
- To work with the site technical team to deliver audit compliance, complaints reduction plans, Quality Improvement initiatives, GMP improvements.
- To provide technical and quality governance packs for Management Boards and Sites
- To coach and support the development of site Technical Teams
- To co-ordinate and provide technical support for major multi-site projects
- To act as the key technical liaison with the retailers to ensure a regular and ongoing dialogue is maintained.
- To facilitate regular face to face up date meetings with the retail customers including formal quarterly reviews and innovation days in conjunction with the NPD and Commercial teams
- To conduct gap analyses at all of the relevant sites with respect to retailer codes of practice and to support the sites in bridging those gaps
- To coordinate Quarterly Quality Reviews across all manufacturing sites
- To support the sites in developing their own Technical Strategy
- To manage the technical communication streams between retailers and the business
- To lead the Supplier Assurance Process and facilitate the on-going monitoring of the process
- To ensure that the Food Safety & Quality Audit (FSQA) process is robust and challenging and is effectively managed to facilitate both compliance and continuous improvement
- To define and review on an on-going basis the Quality and Technical content of the business to ensure it reflects best practice and is compliant with current BRC and retailer standards and codes of practice.
- To define and review on an on-going basis the Quality and Technical KPI’s within the group reporting system
- To ensure that the quality standards for the contract and third party manufacturers conform to current and proposed legislation, company good manufacturing practice and standards
- To support R&D, marketing and commercial account directors with policy, food safety and legal compliance advice.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Food Science or related science subject
- First class technical management experience with at least 10 years’ experience in site / central technical management,
- Knowledge of retailer requirements and expectations
- Flexible and willing to travel for the role
- Proven experience of working with internal and external customers and technical teams
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen, motivate and influence at all levels internally and externally
- Experience of customer facing roles with the major retailers
- Working with big brands in food/drink
- Self-reliant, decisive and resilient
- Ability to prioritise and manage own work schedule
- Prepared to work on own initiative
- Experience of managing multiple projects at any one time
- Good knowledge of high risk/high care manufacturing and packing processes.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Ali Jafri or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct: Ali Jafri on 0161 639 0080, email@example.com