My Clients are leading suppliers of specialist food products. They are now looking for a Hands-on experienced Production Supervisor to work in their Glasgow site.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be directly responsible for 8 members of production staff.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensure all manufacturing lines are setup correctly and on time for production to commence.
- Monitor line efficiencies to ensure that production targets are met.
- Highlight any operational issues to management in a timely manner.
- Work with engineering to ensure downtime on machines is kept to a minimum.
- Ensure all returns being sent back to the warehouse are accurate.
- Ensure line leaders and machine operators, at the end of the shift, have their line organised and ready to go for the next day. Lines must start on time.
- Assist machine operators and line leaders where required.
- Carry out training where required to ensure staff are multi skilled and have the correct knowledge to carry out required tasks.
- Ensure that all goods are packed correctly to avoid damage and to ensure that all packaging is labelled correctly.
- To monitor product quality and bring any issues to the attention of the Production and Technical Manager.
- To ensure that the manufacturing areas are kept clean and tidy, encouraging a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure all machinery and environment is treated with respect to avoid any damage.
- Ensure all machinery is kept cleaned at the correct frequency and to the agreed standard on the cleaning instructions.
- Arrange, in conjunction with the production manager, any deep cleaning of the area when required.
- Ensure the correct completion of all paperwork and that all operators are carrying out all checks as per instructed.
They are looking for a candidate who has previous experience of a similar role in the food industry. Candidates will ideally with a hands-on style and excellent people management skills
Monday to Friday 6 a.m. to 2 p.m, with some requirement to work back shift on busy periods
Indicative Salary Range: £24000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.