Tate and Lyle Sugars
Senior Buyer, Silvertown, London
Tate and Lyle Sugars is part of the ASR Group of companies which have more than 150 years of experience taking sugar cane from the field to the table. Our expertise in every aspect of the cane sugar process is without equal. We are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world.
We have approximately 1,300 employees based at our three refineries and associated manufacturing sites. The cane sugar supply chain which supplies them stretches across the world.
Our brands are leaders in their respective markets. We sell our branded and private label sugars, sweeteners and syrups in the grocery, food service, industrial and pharmaceutical channels in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Asia.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer to join us, to manage the EU Direct Materials Procurement.
This is an integral role for us in defining, communicating and implementing the company's Global Strategy for Packaging Materials, Process Chemicals, and Ingredients.
The successful candidate will manage assigned category initiatives across the procurement organisation in an effort to maximize value by reducing overall costs and improving the quality of goods and services that are purchased.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Directly leading a team including other EU buyers in the same category, which will include Coaches and counsels direct reports on performance issues, Completing Performance Appraisals in a timely manner
- Coordinates activities in the EU with the global team based in North America.
- Leads the development of the company's strategic sourcing plan and tactics.
- Develops market intelligence, identifies, and develops sources of supply for Packaging, Food Process Chemicals include all manufacturing chemicals for refineries and packaging operations
- Works closely with teams across the company in particular the New Product Development Function
- Strong focus on data analysis such as; Directs comprehensive data analysis for sourcing initiatives, Analyses and reports on commodity and supplier performance against goals and objectives
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- Strong knowledge of plant operations, MRP, demand planning and S&OP (preferably SAP), Solid understanding of the paper and resin market
- Able to work at a Strategic level with ability to think long- term with keen business awareness, critical analysis and integration of information, and the ability to develop and implement action- oriented plans
- Strong Commercial awareness, with ability to identify and move toward business opportunities, seizing chances to increase profit and revenue
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply button
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Buying Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying, Purchasing Manager, Procurement, Planning Manager, Category Manager, Production, Manufacturing, East London, Essex, FMCG