Tate and Lyle Sugars
Are you a newly qualified Engineering Apprentice, with experience working in food manufacturing?
We would love to speak to you!
We are looking to add new Maintenance Technicians to our team at Tate and Lyle Sugars based in Silvertown, East London.
Tate and Lyle sugars are part of the ASR Group of companies which have more than 150 years of experience taking sugar cane from the field to the table. Our expertise in every aspect of the cane sugar process is without equal. We are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world.
We have approximately 1,300 employees based at our three refineries and associated manufacturing sites. The cane sugar supply chain which supplies them stretches across the world. Our brands are leaders in their respective markets.
We sell our branded and private label sugars, sweeteners and syrups in the grocery, food service, industrial and pharmaceutical channels in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Asia.
- Maintenance responsibility for all mechanical, electrical and electronic systems employed within the Refining, Packing, Utilities and Jetty sections.
- Work on multiple improvement projects at various stages of completion at the same time.
- Carry out reactive maintenance when required by plant priorities.
- Generate and implement modifications & improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant.
- To plan, schedule & agree daily/weekly workload with the Area Maintenance Leader, incorporating Preventative, Predictive and improvement activities.
What You Need
- Time served Electrical or Mechanical engineering apprenticeship within a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Predictive/Preventative maintenance techniques and regimes.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety & environmental systems & procedures.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and PC.
- Familiarity with modern maintenance techniques.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply button
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Engineering Apprentice, Engineering Technician, Multi Skilled Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Apprenticeship, Trainee, Graduate, Production, Manufacturing, East London, Essex, FMCG