Engineering Manager, Silvertown, East London
Tate and Lyle sugars are part of the ASR Group of companies which have more than 150 years of experience taking sugar cane from the field to the table. Our expertise in every aspect of the cane sugar process is without equal. We are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world.
We have approximately 1,300 employees based at our three refineries and associated manufacturing sites. The cane sugar supply chain which supplies them stretches across the world.
Our brands are leaders in their respective markets. We sell our branded and private label sugars, sweeteners and syrups in the grocery, food service, industrial and pharmaceutical channels in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Asia.
- Leading an electromechanical maintenance technician team in the provision of an effective maintenance service to all plant/equipment used within refining and packing areas.
- To ensure all maintenance activities are compliant with all safety, quality, cost and productivity targets.
- Facilitate the identification and resolution of plant reliability issues
- Devise, compile and implement maintenance procedures, engineering Standards /Specifications, Risk assessments and Method statements and other SHEEQ systems.
- Management of a team of up to 60 Electromechanical Technicians.
- Responsible for the management and review of allocated out-sourced contracts.
What You Need
- Minimum of HNC in an Engineering Discipline.
- 10yrs practical experience of Electro-mechanical plant maintenance within an automated continuous process environment, which includes PLC and HT systems.
- Knowledge of planned, predictive, RCM and other maintenance techniques.
- Leadership experience of a large team (30 direct reports)
- Proven leadership skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement.
- Financial / budgetary awareness.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Or for more information, please call Hannah Docherty on 0131 357 4355
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Chief Engineer, Team Leader, Multi Skilled Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Production, Manufacturing, East London, Essex, FMCG